Resistance band exercises
After talking about the importance of glute activation (core) in my previous blog post I wanted to share more exercises that can be incorporated in to your fitness regime. Ideally these exercises should be done before a run/weight session to prepare and activate the muscles for optimal performance and for injury prevention.
NB. Always warm up wth body before any type of exercise
What you need is a low to medium resistance band.
2/3 Rounds with 60 seconds rest between rounds:
1. Low elbow mountain climbers X 8 each side
2. Knees to chest - Legs apart X 12
3. Plank Jack X 20
4. High elbow mountain climbers X 8 each side
5. Glute bridge pulse X 20
6. Glute bridge (feet together) X 20
7. High plank glute kicks X 10 each leg
8. Flutter kicks X 10 each leg